For example, we can point you in the right direction if you are looking to:
- find health information or services
- access services for people with a disability, mental health problem or services for older people
- search for counselling or someone to talk to
- discover a local support group
- improve your wellbeing and make positive changes in your lifestyle
St Helens Gateway is an independent, confidential and free service provided by the Millennium Centre (St Helens) Ltd and is available online, by email, over the phone and face-to-face.
The Millennium Centre (St Helens) Ltd is a registered charity (charity no. 1089878) based in the heart of St Helens, supporting the local community, the third sector and statutory organisations. You can find out more information about the Millennium Centre by visiting their website at www.tmcsh.org.uk.
The Millennium Centre launched St Helens Gateway in March 2012, and in July 2012 was nominated for a national Third Sector Excellence Award in the 'best new or relaunched website' category.
The aims of St Helens Gateway are to:
- provide a quick and easy central point of access for all health, social care and wellbeing information and services
- encourage people to seek early interventions (accessing services earlier on) so that mild problems do not become more serious
- promote the work of local charities, voluntary groups and third sector organisations
Visit the Gateway website here - http://www.sthelensgateway.info
Created by Halton and St Helens VCA, ‘Here to Help’ is a comprehensive, fully searchable directory of voluntary, community and faith sector organisations that currently provide vital services to people across Halton and St Helens
Many of the organisations in the catalogue are primarily concerned with addressing issues and experiences around illness and disability or helping people through the aftermath of an injury or unwelcome diagnosis.
For others, while health is not their reason for existing, they have seen how the work they do promotes wellbeing and enables individuals, families and communities to get so much more out of life.
‘Here to Help’ encourages and enables people to access community based health and wellbeing services. To find out which voluntary groups are in your area please go to www.here-help.info