07 May 2020
Testing for Covid-19 has increased across the country with many others eligible for testing in addition to health and care key workers.
NHS England continues to work with partners across the region in line with the government announcement around the expansion of the testing programme.
Those now eligible for testing include:
- All hospital patients suspected of having Covid-19
- All those working on the front line in health and social care (with or without symptoms)
- Patients in the NHS and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms)
- All other essential workers with symptoms (full list available on gov.uk)
- Anyone over 65 with symptoms
- Anyone who goes into work because they cannot work from home (e.g. construction workers) and has symptoms
- Anyone who has symptoms and lives with someone who meets any of the above criteria.
Testing is by appointment only at the regional testing sites. Anyone eligible can book a test online using the online portal: https://self-referral.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/
Options for testing include:
• Haydock Park and Manchester Airport regional test centres
• Self-swabbing home kit – available to order online