26 Nov 2020
From Wednesday 2 December, the UK national lockdown ends but St Helens will move into Tier 2 'High Alert' of the government’s alert system.
The government are set to review the tiers every two weeks meaning it's vitally important that everyone continues to follow the rules set out below to ensure we continue to bring the numbers down.
What does Tier 2 mean?
Everyone within Tier 2 must adhere to the following restrictions:
- No household mixing in any indoor setting
- Rule of six applies outdoors – any social gatherings of more than six people is against the law
- Pubs and restaurants must close by 11pm – last orders will be called at 10pm
- Alcohol can only be served as part of a substantial meal
- Spectators are allowed at sports events and live performances (capacity will be limited and social distancing must be adhered to)
- Personal care, including hairdressers and barbers, is allowed
For more information, please read the full government guidance.
Until 2 December, national restrictions are still in place for the whole of England.